What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Posted on: Apr 15 2023
Our dentists at Gentle Family Dentistry and Implant Center find that many patients love the idea of dental implants. This is because they offer several advantages that make them the ideal choice for many of our patients struggling with tooth loss. We take time to educate patients in the Bethlehem and Allentown, PA, areas about why they make a better choice for many when compared to alternative options such as dentures and bridges.
Some of the benefits of dental implants include the following:
- Longevity. Dental implants last for many years with proper care, allowing you to enjoy your restoration for a long time.
- Functionality. Dental implants are designed to be just like natural teeth and can be used in the same way, allowing you to eat and speak normally again.
- Appearance. Since dental implants both look and feel like natural teeth, they help restore your smile’s appearance and improve its attractiveness.
- Preservation of bone. The implant post stimulates the jawbone where it is placed, stimulating new bone formation that helps prevent further bone loss due to tooth loss.
- Ease of maintaining oral hygiene habits. Unlike dentures, which can slip during cleaning, dental implants are easy to take care of by brushing and flossing, just like natural teeth.
- Convenience and reliability. Dental implants provide a permanent solution to missing teeth and eliminate the need for adhesive or messy pastes. They are also less likely to shift out of place or cause discomfort than other treatments.
- Investment. Though dental implants are a costly option, many patients will find that they are a smart investment as they can last decades, versus alternative options, which need regular adjustments or replacements.
With all these benefits, it is not hard to see why dental implants can be such a great choice when it comes to replacing missing teeth!
Request an Appointment at One of Our Allentown or Bethlehem, PA, Locations Today!
Our dentists at Gentle Family Dentistry and Implant Center are happy to discuss your particular dental needs with you and help you decide if this treatment is appropriate for your tooth loss needs. Contact us today or come in for a consultation with our team to discuss your tooth replacement needs with one of our experienced and skilled dental providers.
Posted in: Dental Implant