Important facts about dental implants
- Posted on: Dec 15 2021
Dental implants are a great option for patients missing teeth. The dentists at Gentle Family Dentistry and Implant Center in Allentown and Bethlehem, PA are here to educate patients on the benefits of using dental implants to replace one or more teeth within the smile.
What are some important facts about dental implants?
There are many things patients will want to consider when they are thinking about tooth replacement options such as dental implants. Dental implants are a popular choice for various reasons.
- Feel and function like your own teeth. Because they are placed into the bone of the jaw where teeth are normally supported, they provide a tooth replacement that functions better than alternatives such as dentures and dental bridges.
- Maintain natural bone. When patients have dental implants placed, they are taking the steps to protect their natural bone over time. This eliminates the risk of experiencing bone loss with time, which is common with full denture wearers.
- Are versatile, allowing patients to replace one or all of the teeth. The implants can be used to replace a single tooth (with a crown), multiple teeth in a row (with a dental bridge), or all the teeth with all-on-4 dental implants and implant-retained dentures.
- Do not affect other teeth. While dental bridges require the adjacent teeth to be prepared to hold the bridge in place, dental implants are stand-alone restorations that are appropriate for patients who want to protect the surrounding teeth.
- Provide convenience. Dental implants do not require any additional care or attention as the other teeth do, making them easy to care for over time.
- Are a permanent solution. Because the dental implants fuse with the natural jaw bone after placement, they are a great solution that will last many years with proper care. Most patients enjoy their dental implants for a lifetime when they properly maintain their oral health and visit the dentist regularly for evaluations.
- Have a high success rate. When placed, the success rate is often greater than 95% for a lifetime of tooth replacement.
Schedule time to speak to the team at Gentle Family Dentistry and Implant Center
Bethlehem and Allentown, PA area patients who are interested in learning more about dental implants can connect with one of our two office locations to discuss their options for tooth replacement.
Posted in: Dental Implant